Wednesday 3 September 2014

Why I've been quiet for so long

Mira - Fuji X100s, 1/80, f/2, ISO 500
A new star is born - well, actually she was born three months ago. My life has become a lot busier since then, especially because we have moved from a flat into a house (kids need a lot of space!). This also meant that I didn't have internet access at home for about a month. And with all the baby stuff, renovating and moving, I haven't had much time for photography.

Nevertheless, here are a few recent pretty images (don't worry, I won't show you any more baby pictures).


Survivor - Canon 40D, Canon 17-55, 1/4, f/22, ISO 100
 I took this back in April, when I spent a weekend alone in the Cederberg. The shrub is only knee high, but looks like it must be centuries old.

Rico - Canon 40D, Tokina 11-16, 1/4+1/15+1/60, f/9.5, ISO 100, HDR
In the last few apartheid years, the South African government built a "blacks only" beach pavilion at Macassar beach. It was generally boycotted and has since fallen to ruin, making it a paradise for photographers.

Shell - Fuji X100s, 15s, f/16, ISO 200, Infrared filter
These are some remains of a water slide. It took my friends at my camera club a while to figure out what this is.

False Bay Storm - Fuji X100s, 6x1/1000, f/5.6, ISO 800, panorama
The 2014 IMO took place in Cape Town in July and I was one of the coordinators (i.e. script markers). While the papers were being set up we were holed up in a hotel overlooking False Bay, and I took this panorama from my hotel window.

Paternoster Sunset - Canon 40D, Canon 70-200 f4 IS, 1/60, f/5.6, ISO 200
...and this is just one of about a billion sunset pictures you can find on the net. But it's mine, and this is my blog. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment